Paint plein air easier than ever with the smallest, lightest fully featured plein-air box easel in the world. Breaks apart into two pieces for maximum packability and portability and comes together instantly so you never miss a moment.
Great for watercolorists!
Just like the original Soltek, the Soltek Compact’s legs and painting arm friction-lock wherever you want them. Unlike the original, the Soltek Compact leg releases are located at the top of the easel so adjustments are easier than ever. Bringing the legs to storage position now automatically unlocks them so you can retract them simultaneously.
WHAT’S IN THE BOX?
- Soltek Easel 2.0 Tripod
- Soltek Easel Compact Box
- Polymer Oil / Acrylic Palette OR Watercolor Palette
- 2 Hex Wrenches for Friction Adjustments
- Portable Container for Mineral Spirits
MADE IN THE USA
Benefits of Soltek Compact:
- Easiest easel for travel or packing with lightest weight, smallest size
- Best option for psinting watercolors – watercolor palette available
- Included palette stores in easel box perfectly
- Choose from oil/acrylic palette or watercolor palette, or add on both
Benefits of the Soltek 2.0 line over the original Soltek:
- Want to pack really light? Leave the box at home and just take the easel at under 4 pounds
- Box slides on in moments
- Leg length adjusted from the top for easy touch adjustments
- Each leg can be locked at 4 different angles for maximum versatility and utility
- Adjustment mechanisms at top of leg make for quicker, easier adjustments
- Sand, swamp and water-resistant so you can paint anywhere you want
- Crossbars stronger in every way
- Painting holders now feature conical design which keep paint on the painting, not the holders
- Crossbars no longer collect paint as they disappear behind your masterpiece entirely
- Distance from painting reduced significantly so it’s not a reach — distance from front of box to painting post only 13 inches (24% shorter reach than the Soltek Ultra)
- Mountain-goat like grip with special rubber feet
- Even wider stance possible with leg angle adjustments for even more wind resistance
- Easy one-hand swivel lock ensures your box stays closed when you want it closed
Technical Specs and Benefits:
- Weighs only 6 pounds 4 ounces, about 33% lighter than the original Soltek (Including box, easel & palette)
- Easel weighs 3 pounds 14 ounces
- Easel size folded up: 22 inches long and 3.5” wide, 2.25” deep, crossbars 7” wide
- Box size: 6.25” x 2.25” x 16”
- Box material: Anodized aircraft aluminum
- Carbon fiber parts and polymer parts for high quality and low weight
- Sets up in about 30 seconds
- Legs auto-lock at any length with patented technology
- Painting arm auto-locks at any angle
- Palette color a nice medium gray acrylic for easy, accurate mixing
- Wind resistant with wide stance
- Water resistant
- Holds up to a 30” high canvas
- Fits easily in regulation carry-on bags
- Enough interior space for brushes, paper towels, palette knives, paint tubes, and paint thinner*
*Product specifications and prices subject to change at any time.
Special Introductory Price
The price may rise due to supplier price increases when we sell through our first run, which we anticipate will happen quickly.
Dean Fisher –
I just painted for 12 days in Big Sur, California with my 2.0 in pretty windy conditions, and it performed flawlessly!
This easel is beautifully engineered and crafted; it’s lightweight and solid and a breeze to set up.
I have a collection of plein air easels and none of them will hold a canvas as large as this one will, not even close.
I highly recommend this easel as an important tool for any committed landscape painter.
Mark Wilcox –
Thank you Dean! So glad it’s serving you well. Send us some pics and we’ll feature you on social media. 🙂